Basically, the Book Carnival collects and gives away books to children who might not otherwise get any.
Each year, this grand occasion is not only a wonderful event for neighborhood families, it is a great blessing for FUMC of Arlington as well—and a splendid opportunity to participate in One Mile Mission. Our One Mile Mission projects remind others and ourselves that we not only confess Christ, but we try to put the principles that Jesus taught into practice.
You may support FUMC of Arlington’s Book Carnival Committee efforts by
- Praying for neighborhood children and their families
- Donating gently used or new children’s books—we have about 1,600 books so far (Goal: 6000 books)
- Donating books from garage sales, Half Price Books, Scholastic, etc.
- Signing up to volunteer for part or all of the day
- Signing up to be a Spanish speaking volunteer for part or all of the day
- Preparing snack bags for each child
- Placing lawn signs out the week of May 28 and retrieving them June 3
If you would like to help, please contact Rev. Kay Lancaster at 817.274.2571 or email Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
P.S. I cannot tell a lie, this selfless endeavor makes me very proud as your pastor.